Home » Advanced Practice
CASE #3 - ADVANCED PRACTICE
- Facility: Residential
- Project Type: New Construction
- Delivery Method: Design-Build
- Stakeholders: Owner, End User, Architect, Engineer, VDC consultant, General Contractor, Special Contractor
Case #3 obtained 'Advanced Practice' under the evaluation of CIFE VDC research team. Though the project did not use a integrated project delivery method, it had a unique project team organization - the architectural design firm is also the owner and the general contractor. This organizational structure facilitates the collaboration between various disciplines. The project has received the following VDC score with a confidence level of 31%:
The research team has identified the following attributes that lead to the success of case #3:
- VDC scope and objectives were documented and shared among multiple stakeholders;
- Having the project management system interacting with model uses.
- BIM meeting was held weekly;
- Project performance has exceeded the expectation of the team;
- By using VDC, the team gained a sense of competency.
The following recommendations were given by the CIFE research team based on the result of the VDC Scorecard evaluation: